Open Today! Sales: 9am-6:30pm | Call us at: 409-299-3221
Join A Winning Team At Nissan of Silsbee
Welcome to our Employment Opportunities page! If you are looking for an opportunity to be appreciated and involved in your career, your search is complete. We have a great history of providing excellent career opportunities for sharp, energetic people.
We are currently looking for qualified:
- New & Pre-Owned Sales Consultants
- Service Technicians
- Parts Director
Compensation & Benefits:
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees a comprehensive Benefits Package.
The Benefits Package includes:
- Paid Medical Insurance
- Company 401(k) Matching Program
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
If you want to work for an organization that values its people, we have a strong philosophy of TEAMWORK, POSITIVE ATTITUDE, GOAL ORIENTED, and LOYALTY, ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST, AND NEVER GIVE UP. Apply today or refer a qualified friend!
** Nissan of Silsbee is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. **
New & Pre-Owned Sales Consultants Job Description:
Candidates with experience working in Service, Hospitality or with previous Sales Experience have a history of performing extremely well in this position.
What our Sales Consultants do:
- Meet dealership sales goals
- Greet Customers and help determine make, type, and quality of vehicle desired.
- Explain features and demonstrate operation of vehicle in showroom or on demonstration drive.
- Suggest optional equipment for customer to purchase.
- Compute and quote sales price, including tax, trade-in allowance, and discount.
- Completes paperwork accompanying vehicle sales.
- Arrange for delivery and registration of vehicle.
- Research availability of models and optional equipment.
- Maintains a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) score above 935.
- Uses the CRM tool to maintain communication with Customers and drive sales.
Service Technician Job Description:
We are looking to add qualified SERVICE TECHNICIANS to join our team. Our philosophy is that of a Family Atmosphere with a Corporate Structure.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Effectively and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with dealership's and factory standards.
- Checks all fluids and maintenance-related parts and tops-off or replaces fluids or filters/parts as required.
- Performs routine service inspections or tests and completes standard maintenance jobs.
- Road-test vehicle to ensure quality repair work was completed.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs.
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and follows regulations and standards.
- Follows all shop policy, procedure, safety, and environmental rules.
- Helps maintain shop appearance and safety standards and ensures the shop runs in an efficient manner by performing duties such as inventory stocking and other general functions.
- Attends all staff meetings, training's, and educational classes as required.
- Complete system diagnostics and full automotive troubleshooting and testing.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop area.
- Communicate directly with service advisors regarding the status of the service work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions to stay informed with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company's Values in all interactions with customers, coworkers, and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS (include but not limited to):
- 3-5 years' experience preferred (dealership experience preferred).
- Able to drive both automatic and standard-transmission vehicles.
- National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification(s) or certification(s) in different specialized areas such as: brakes, electrical/electronic systems, or engine performance preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff. Safety and customer service oriented.
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Self-motivated with solid work habits.
- Valid Texas Driver's License with a clean driving record.